| 601 W. Stadium Blvd.
Ann Arbor, MI 48103
Michigan Merit Exam - MME
The Michigan Merit Examination is the state assessment administered to all students enrolled in Grade 11 in March of each year. Some Grade 12 students are eligible also. The MME consists of three components: 1] the ACT Plus Writing college entrance exam, 2] the WorkKeys job skills assessments (three tests) and 3] Michigan - developed components. Each component is administered on a different day.
Day 1 Act Component
Day 2 Workkeys Component
Day 3 Michigan Component
The combined MME assessment measures student learning in the Michigan high school standards, benchmarks, and core content expectations.
Who Needs to take the exam?
ALL 11th Grade Students - It is required to earn a diploma!
Exceptions: Students retained in Grade 11 who have valid scores on all subject areas of the MME.12th Grade - Only the Following:
Do I have to take all of the MME sections?
What Do I need to bring with me on MME testing days?
What are some of the prohibited behaviors during testing?
The following behaviors are prohibited. You will be dismissed and
your answer document will not be scored if you are:
• looking back at a test on which time has already been called
• looking ahead in the test booklet in a different section of the test
• looking at another examinee’s test booklet or answer document
• giving or receiving assistance
• using a prohibited calculator or a calculator on a test that does not permit it
• using any device to share or exchange information at any time
during testing or during breaks
• attempting to remove test materials, including test questions or
answers, from the test room by any means
• using highlight pens, colored pens or pencils, scratch paper, notes,
dictionaries, or other aids
• not following instructions or abiding by the rules of the test center
• exhibiting confrontational, threatening, or unruly behavior
• creating a disturbance
• filling in, or altering ovals, or continuing to write the essay after time
has been called on each test; filling in ovals on a previous test during
a later test, or filling in ovals even with the test booklet closed is
prohibited and your test will be marked Prohibited Behavior and
will not be scored. If we notice that a test has not been completed
and later notice that it has been, that will be grounds for voiding your
When can I anticipate getting my test scores?